The Exam

  • An introduction to

    Selected Pages


    P3 May 2009 TZ2 Thursday 9 December 2010


    Paper 3 Wednesday 2 March 2016

    Paper 3 is the same format as paper 2 but the questions are on the options. Refer to the section on paper 2 for comments...

    Paper 2 Sunday 10 January 2016

    The questions in paper 2 are 50% objective 1&2 and 50% objective 3. If you analyse a typical paper (2010 TZ2) you find that...

    Paper 1 Sunday 10 January 2016

    It is difficult for a student to show that they can evaluate, conclude and discuss by answering multiple choice questions...

    Introduction Sunday 10 January 2016

    The exam score accounts for 80% of the students final grade, the other 20% coming from the internally assessed practical...

    Marking Saturday 25 October 2014

    As with paper 2 the completed scripts are put in an envelope and sent directly to be scanned and electronically distributed...

    All materials on this website are for the exclusive use of teachers and students at subscribing schools for the period of their subscription. Any unauthorised copying or posting of materials on other websites is an infringement of our copyright and could result in your account being blocked and legal action being taken against you.

    Comments 9

    Alma Trumic 4 April 2016 - 09:37

    Dear Chris,
    My year13s were asking about the format of the paper for this year, does paper 2 still have a section B where they will be able to choose which question they answer?
    Thank you,
    With kind regards,

    Chris Hamper 4 April 2016 - 11:42

    Hi Alma; There is no choice on paper 2. The data analysis type question is now on p3 with the practical work question. Specimen paper here

    Alma Trumic 4 April 2016 - 14:42

    Thank you very much.

    Shabih Fatima 2 September 2016 - 04:56

    Hi Chris,
    My year 12 will be sitting Physics exam in November. They will have mock exams in September. We are having issues in getting the may 2016 exams which I want to use as practice exam.
    Do you have access to them??

    Chris Hamper 2 September 2016 - 06:29

    Hi Shabih; I have the exams but am not supposed to send you them.

    Shabih Fatima 2 September 2016 - 10:45

    I need mark scheme only, if possible as I am told by my coordinator that she has got the exam.

    Chris Hamper 2 September 2016 - 11:26

    Aah, that's more problematic. You can get a lot of the answers from the OCC discussion though. I'll see what I can do.

    Shabih Fatima 3 September 2016 - 14:14


    Chris Hamper 4 September 2016 - 18:00

    Here it is

    To post comments you need to log in. If it is your first time you will need to subscribe.