Teacher activity - Mastering student access
I'm inviting you to join my HL Biology class,
"HL Biology - Graduate in 2020"
This is what students do when you invite them.
STEP 1: Click this link - it is the "Invite students" group invitation URL
When students navigate to the link above they first see this page.
If they have a Thinkib.net account already (because your school subscribes in another subject) students can
- login with their existing account.
It will add Biology to their list of groups.
- Otherwise - click create new account.
This is what the student signup page looks like.
STEP 3: Fill in the details,
make a note of the email address you used.
(I recommend that students use their school email)
Create a password you can remember
(Try using an affirmation, like, "IloveBiology", who knows you may start to believe it )
and click activate my account
This will get students to their student dashboard with links to all their groups. It will also link to any other subjects which have subscribed to InThinking.
STEP 4: Complete each of the five short
Assignments on the dashboard.
Once you have finished all the assignments
STEP 5: Look at you completed assignments, by
- clicking the "All Assignments" button
- or navigating to Assignments in the drop down list from your name.
Once you have joined the group there is only one URL to remember.
STEP 6: Personalise your profile photo
- In the drop down list click My profile & then Edit my profile picture
Lastly, check that you can find the site again and login successfully.
- Log out - using the drop down list from your name.
- Click (or type) this link student.thinkib.net
- Log in again.