1.6 Growth and evolution
Unit 1.6 - Growth and evolution
Case Study - The evolution of famous products and brands
Have a go at this starter quiz with your students. What was the original intended commercial purpose for each of these brands or products?
Brand / product
* According to Freakonomics, sales revenue increased from $115,000 to more than $8 million within 7 years of rebranding Listerine as an oral healthcare product.
InThinking Business Management resources
Click the hyperlinks below to access the InThinking resources for this particular section of the IB Business Management syllabus.
- Economies and diseconomies of scale (AO2)
- The merits of small vs large organizations (AO3)
- The difference between internal & external growth (AO2)
- Methods of external growth (AO3)
- Role and impact of globalization on growth and evolution of businesses (AO3)
- Reasons for the growth of multinational companies (AO3)
- The impact of MNCs on host countries (AO3)
- MNCs Quiz
- Video documentary: McDonald's
- Video case: LEGO
- Growth and evolution - Question bank (over 60 questions in this unit for students to try)
- Glossary: Growth and evolution key terms
Return to the Unit 1 Business organization and environment homepage