SL IA Quiz
Standard Level Internal Assessment – Quiz
How much do you know about the SL IA? Take this quiz to find out. You can also let your students take the quiz too!
- What is the recommended amount of time that should be spent on the SL IA?
- What is the maximum word limit for the Written Commentary?
- Are there any marks that will be deducted if the word limit is exceeded? If so, how many?
- What is the purpose of footnotes (if used)?
- How much of the final exam is the Written Commentary worth (weighting)?
- Does the quality of the presentation of the work (visual and written) affect the final grade?
- Pricing strategy is an example of a business theory – True or False?
- The Boston Consulting Group matrix is an example of a business tool – True or False?
- What does the candidate declaration do?
- Where should the word count be declared?
- Are tables of statistical data and equations, diagrams, formulae and calculations counted as part of the word count?
- Does the title of the IA have to be in the format of a question?
- How many supporting documents are required in the SL IA?
- What should be included in the bibliography?
- Does the conclusion have to be consistent with the evidence provided?
- Are judgments required in the evaluation?
- Is a contents page required?
- Are recommendations required?
- Are topics from the Higher Level syllabus allowed to be considered?
- Are moderators expected to read beyond the word limit?
- How many of the supporting documents can be a transcript of video/audio material?
- Is primary or secondary data more valuable to the SL IA?
- Do the supporting documents have to be contemporary in nature?
- How many drafts of the IA can a student submit for marking?
- It is recommended that students get a copy of the official assessment criteria (page 77 -79 of the guide)?
Download a PDF version here: SL IA Quiz
Check the answers here: SL IA Quiz (answers)
Return to the SL IA homepage