HL IA Quiz
Higher Level Internal Assessment – Quiz
How much do you know about the HL IA? Take this quiz to find out. You can also let your students take the quiz too!
- What is the maximum word limit for the executive summary?
- To get a Level 7 in the HL IA, analysis and evaluation must show evidence of what?
- Is it possible to receive zero marks if there is no candidate declaration (of authenticity)?
- Can a Gantt Chart be used to produce the timeline in the Action Plan?
- Theories are considered as secondary research – True or false?
- For the HL IA, secondary research is more important than primary research – True or false?
- Is it appropriate to include new ideas not discussed previously in the recommendations?
- MLA referencing is compulsory for citation in the IA – True or false?
- Candidates can fail the IB Diploma upon confirmation of plagiarism in the IA – True or false?
- What is the maximum number of words for the research proposal and action plan?
- The research proposal should be written in present tense – True or false?
- The executive summary should be written in past tense – True or false?
- Binding of the IA is required as part of the presentation of the IA – True or false?
- What percentage of the final BM exam does the HL IA account for?
- A student claims in the RP to have 55 questionnaires – do these have to be shown to the teacher?
- The moderator will read and check the Appendices – True or false?
- If an interview is conducted in Chinese (or any other foreign language) does this need to be translated?
- Do students need page numbering when cross referencing with footnotes?
- The methodology in the RP is ‘planned research’ whereas the methodology in the Written Report is the ‘actual research’ conducted – True or false?
- The conclusion should acknowledge any unanswered questions – True or false?
- Recommendations should be prioritized (ranked) – True or false?
- Can students introduce anything new in the conclusion?
- What is the total word count for the entire IA (excluding cover sheet, bibliography and appendices)?
- Do images (if used) need to be sourced/referenced?
- Is the following acceptable for referencing in the bibliography: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13008839?
Download a PDF version of the HL IA Quiz
Check the answers here: HL IA Quiz (answers)
Return to the HL IA homepage