- A survey of the key elements of the Subject Guide introduced in 2018, including...
- ... a summary of the assessment system,and details about differences between SL and HL
- For the Oral and Written components, pages on the marking criteria, unpacked, with discussion of priorities and implications
- Introduction to Paper 2 Receptive skills, with particular attention to the Listening comprehension element: the types of questions used; and...
- ... sample material to introduce ways to deal with listening comprehension assessment
- Exploration of the Themes required for English B, considering how each may be approached, and how materials from the previous Topics may be re-deployed
- For each of the Themes, a page giving links to the mass of relevant material already existing in this site
- Commentary on how text types may be taught under the system of the 2018 Guide, and how these may be organised for teaching purposes
- An introduction to the required study of Conceptual understandings, and individual pages on each of these
The 2018 Subject Guide is to form the basis for English B teaching for at least the seven years from September 2018. To be more precise:-
- teaching under the new Subject Guide begins in September 2018
- the first assessment under the new Subject Guide is in May 2020, and so...
- ...the examination sessions of May 2018, November 2018, May 2019 and November 2019 will be according to the previous 2011 Subject Guide
This section of the site sets out to provide an overview of the 2018 Subject Guide, focusing on the key elements that affect course design and assessment. This summary should, of course, be complemented by a detailed reading of the 2018 Language B Subject Guide.
This page provides a very concise summary of the key elements of the 2018 Subject Guide. This is basically a check-list...
Author: Brad PhilpotPrice: $ 54.30ISBN: 9781108434812Format: Paperback386 pagesVisit the CUP website The Cambridge coursebook...
Until the first examination session for the 2018 Subject Guide, in May 2020, we will not know with any precision what the...
Author Kevin Morley and Author Kawther Saa'd AldinPrice: £44.99 +VAT ISBN: 978-0-19-842232-7Pack: 456 pagesVisit the OUP...
.The document Language acquisition curriculum review Second Report to Teachers June 2016 is now available on the OCC. This...
Testing reading comprehension has a long history, and many different types of question have been tried. The challenge is...