Remote learning - what is research telling us?
Monday 18 January 2021
How do we make sure students can learn remotely, at home?
The Education Endowment Fund examines the existing research (from 60 systematic reviews and meta-analyses) for approaches that schools can use to support students learning remotely, at home, online during COVID-19.
- Teaching quality is more important than how lessons are delivered
- Access to technology is key, especially for disadvantaged pupils
- Peer interactions can provide motivation and improve learning outcomes
- Supporting pupils to work independently can improve learning outcomes
- Different approaches to remote learning suit different types of content and pupils