This is the template for the unit planner I will be using for my course. All unit planners can be found at the top of the topic sections and are linked at the bottom of this page for convenience.
Unit 1. Title
Date start - end
Text book reference
Inquiry: Establishing the purpose of the unit
List here one to three big, overarching, long-term goals for this unit. Transfer goals are the major goals that ask students to “transfer”, or apply, their knowledge, skills, and concepts at the end of the unit under new/different circumstances, and on their own without scaffolding from the teacher.
List here the key content that students will know by the end of the unit
List here the key skills that students will develop by the end of the unit.
List here the key concepts that students will understand by the end of the unit
Examples of real world practical applications of knowledge.
Action: teaching and learning through Inquiry
Approaches to teaching
Tick boxes to indicate pedagogical approaches used.
Small group work (pairs)
Hands on practical
Examples of how TOK can be introduced in this unit
Examples of how NOS can be introduced in this unit.
Tests, exams and marked labs
Worksheets and exercises
Video clips, simulations demonstrations etc.
What went well
List the portions of the unit (content, assessment, planning) that were successful
What didn’t work well
List the portions of the unit (content, assessment, planning) that were not as successful as hoped
List any notes, suggestions, or considerations for the future teaching of this unit
Standard Level Core
- Unit Planner: Measurement and uncertainties
- Unit Planner: Mini investigation
- Unit Planner: Kinematics
- Unit Planner: Forces and Newton's laws
- Unit Planner: Work, energy and power
- Unit Planner: Thermal physics
- Unit Planner: Oscillations and waves
- Unit Planner: Electric fields and charge
- Unit Planner: Electricity
- Unit Planner: Circular motion and gravity
- Unit Planner: Atomic, nuclear and particle physics
- Unit Planner: Energy production
Additional Higher Level
- Unit Planner: Wave phenomena
- Unit Planner: Fields
- Unit Planner: Electromagnetic induction
- Unit Planner: Quantum and nuclear physics