Revision: Reliability of memory
The following page is to revise the key concepts, research and critical thinking for the topic "reliability of cognitive processes." The revision focuses on memory research.
Start with the Powerpoint presentation below. It will walk you through a potential essay on the topic.
This is followed by a set of "checking for understanding questions."
Checking for understanding
1. What do psychologists mean when they say that a memory is reconstructed?
2. What did Bartlett's War of Ghosts study teach us about memory?
3. Why is Loftus & Palmer's study criticized for lacking ecological validity?
4. What are two ways in which research on memory distortion has been applied?
5. Why is it important to know that Bahrick's Yearbook study was cross-sectional in nature?