1.7 Organizational planning tools (HL only)
1.7 Organizational planning tools & the value of these planning tools (HL Only)
In the context of your school, ask students to identify two examples of each of the following types of decisions:
Which members of staff in the school would make these decisions?
Organizational planning tools are not without their weaknesses, so managers do not always make decisions purely based on these tools. Indeed, some risks are very difficult, if not subjective and impossible, to measure. Instead, some decisions are based on intuition (gut feeling or instinct) and emotions.
For students writing their HL Internal Assessments, take a look here for a list of tools, theories and techniques (including organizational planning tools) to support your assessment work.
InThinking Business Management resources
Click the hyperlinks below to access the InThinking resources for this particular section of the IB Business Management syllabus.
- Fishbone diagram (AO2, AO4)
- Decision trees (AO2, AO4)
- Force field analysis (AO2, AO4)
- Gantt chart (AO2, AO4)
- Gantt charts - The Wedding Planner
- Unit 1.7 Smart quiz questions (a collection of 10 drag and drop questions)
- Organizational planning tools - Question bank (over 25 questions for students to try)
- Glossary: Organizational planning tools (HL Only)