This section of the site is aimed at new teachers to ESS but there may be something for everyone.
- ESS is currently only offered at SL due to a technical IB rule which applies to interdisciplinary courses but this is likely to change in 2022.
- ESS combines the approaches of a Group 3 (Individuals and Societies) course and a Group 4 (Sciences) course
- The course should encourage students to take a holistic approach to environmental problems and there are "Big Questions" designed to help this process
- A practical approach to the course is acknowledged by a 25% weighting of the internal assessment (IA). This IA is an individual investigation and should take about 10 hours.
- Along with the individual investigation students participate in a Practical Scheme of Work (PSOW) which should be a minimum of 30 hours (including the IA)