- Enquiry Question
- Starter Activity_What is Crowdsourcing?_Processes and Spatial Interactions
- Student Activity_ What is Crowdsourcing?_Processes and Spatial Interactions
- Student Activity_Categorizing Crowdsourcing_ Processes and Spatial Interactions
- Student Activity_Crowdsouring for Resilient Governance_Processes, Spatial Interactions and Power
- Student Activity_ How Crowdsourcing Builds Resilient Communities_Processes and Spatial Interactions
This page develops the growing importance of crowdsourcing for developing more resilient governments and communities. It begins by exploring through a number of different resources the different types of crowdsourcing. Students are introduced to its broad range of uses through a card sort activity with many examples, which they categorize into types of crowdsourcing. Students then focus on how crowdsourcing can be used to develop improved resilience both for governments and communities.
Lesson Time: 1 Hour
- To describe the choices in regard to crowdsouring technolgies
- To explain how both governments and civil society groups use it to build greater resilience
Study the images and suggest what crowdsourcing is and its different features
Look at the following clickable infographic and discuss what the term crowdsouring means and distiinguish the different types.
The following crowdsourcing umbella is useful for categorizing
Watch the following video on crowdsourcing and answer the questions on your worksheet
Print the crowdsouring umbrella as an A3 sheet and read the cut-out cards showing different examples of crowdsourcing.
- Arrange them around the umbrella to categorize them
- Discuss for each example how they help build organisational or governmental resilience
- Summarise the discussion in your own notes.
Read the following resource adapted from a Guardian article and identify ways crowdsourcing has the potential to revolutionize future governance
Read the following Slate news item discussing the merits of the Icelandic effort to crowdsource its new constitution