The focus of every lesson
Wednesday 11 April 2018
What are we trying to do in each lesson? How can we make our focus crystal clear?
I came across an article recently which proposed three simple questions to drive our instruction every minute of every day in every school. For every lesson we teach our students, they should be able to answer the following:
- What are the most important ideas here and why?
- How can I communicate these ideas to others?
- How can I solve this problem?
Such clarity would go a long way to making learning purposeful and applicable to real world issues. I would like to add two more questions:
- How is this learning meaningful (to the students I am teaching, to the world)?
- What am I doing to make this learning memorable?