4.4 Market research
Unit 4.4 Market research
Market research is vital to the completion of much of the IB Business Management assessment, including the Internal Assessment and Extended Essay. Students must therefore be aware of market research techniques (covered in Unit 4.4).
In addition, they need to be aware of the market research requirements related to ethics and sampling methods, such as the moral and mindful treatement of interviews, surveys, and questionnaires that might be undertaking for their research.
Click the hyperlinks below to access the InThinking resources for this particular section of the IB Business Management syllabus.
- Why & how organizations carry out market research (AO2)
- Methods/techniques of primary market research (AO2)
- Methods/techniques of secondary market research (AO2)
- Ethical considerations of market research (AO3)
- Qualitative & quantitative research (AO2)
- Methods of sampling (AO2)
- Results from data collection (AO2)
- Market research - Question bank (there are around 70 questions for this topic that students can try from the question bank)
- Glossary of key terms
Return to the Unit 4 Marketing homepage