Resources for IB Business Management
InThinking Business Management
Join the community of over 740 teachers who use InThinking Business Management. Please feel free to contact the site author with any suggestions / recommendations of additional resources that you'd like to see added to the InThinking Business Management website.
InThinking Business Management resources
- InThinking Question Bank (with over 1,950 questions and answers)
- Key terms glossary (556 key terms from the website, covering the entire IB Business Management syllabus)
- Command Terms
- The 6 CUEGIS concepts
- The Internal Assessment
- Exams (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- Exam papers - Topic tracker
- Exam & Study tips
- CAS & Business Management
- The Extended Essay
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Business Management
- Professional reading & resources for IB educators
- Distance Learning resources
- Online Video documentaries (with teachers' notes and/or worksheets)
1. Business Case Studies online (http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/)
Business Case Studies is a great online resource for adding contexts to the IB Business Management syllabus. The website provides (mainly) free resources, including some lesson plans, SWOT analyses and plenty of example for students preparing for their CUEGIS essay assessment.
2. PanMore (http://panmore.com/)
Panmore is an excellent source of business case studies and a fantastic and free resource which provides excellent case studies for the CUEGIS assessment. Many of the case studies include SWOT and/or PEST analyses, which could also be very useful for the Internal Assessment.
3. STEEPLE Analysis (https://pestleanalysis.com/)
This is a brilliant resource for Unit 1.5 and for students looking for real-world examples of STEEPLE (PESTLE or PEST) analysis for their Internal Assessment. A free resource, PESTLEanalysis.com provides read-made secondary market research for the IA. It can also be used by some students in preparation of their CUEGIS essays.
4. Harvard Business Review (https://hbr.org)
Harvard Business Review is a useful resource for some great articles covering many tools, theories and techniques in the IB Business Management syllabus, including (indirectly) coverage of the CUEGIS concepts. For example, this video introduces how cultures across the world approach leadership and management. The Harvard Business Review can be a very useful resources for students writing their Extended Essay in Business Management.
Stay up to date with developments on social media platforms such as Twitter. Follow these hashtags #IBBusinessManagement #IBBusMan #IBBM #CUEGIS #InThinking and/or the author on Twitter @paulhoang88 for regular updates.
6. Facebook teacher support group
Join the hundreds of teachers on the InThinking IB Business Management support group for teachers on Facebook. You do not need to be an InThinking subscriber to join this growing support group, to share questions, ideas and resources. Click this link to join the group and to see the recent posts from the global community of more than 840 IB Business Management teachers.