Padlet is an online virtual bulletin board that that allows people to express their thoughts on a common topic easily. It works like an online sheet of paper where people can put any content (e.g. images, videos, documents, text) anywhere on the page, together with anyone, from any device. A group of people can individually post their content at the same time and it will be visible to all.
How to use
- In professional training - discussion board (e.g. post images on the topic you wish to discuss and inquire into)
- Topic summary
- Message board – a questions board
- Review process – collecting evidence from multiple stakeholders when reviewing an aspect of school life. People can, if they wish, post anonymously.
- Opinion forum
- Brainstorming tool
- Portfolio tool – where work can be displayed
- To post URL links to documents, videos, resources
As a leader padlets can have many uses, some of which could be:
Make thinking visible
Reflection: As a reflective database - e.g. to be used by all new staff after the end of their Induction period
Induction: During new staff induction - what do they think are the essential traits of an effective faculty member and teacher?
Minutes: Taking notes or minutes of a meeting – creates collaborative 'buy in' there and then
Collaboration: During Faculty In-Service in identifying essential traits of an effective faculty member and teacher