This routine uses newspaper headlines to capture the essence of an event, idea, concept, or topic.
If you were to write a headline for what we are doing (our mission) or trying to achieve (our vision) that captured the most important aspects to remember, what would that headline be? If we are successful in this venture what would the headline in the local, regional, national, international paper read?
How to use
- summarize an argument
- capture an idea
- marketing key messages
This tool is very versatile and could be used in many contexts, for example:
- writing a concise mission statement
- clarifying your vision
- influencing opinion
- capturing what success looks like - success criteria
- critical incident planning
- strategic planning - clarity over articulation of where you are heading
- If you were to write a headline that captures the essence of ...... what would that headline be?
- After discussion and reflection you could follow up the first question with a second, asking, if you were to write the headline now how would it have changed from your first version?